Friday, August 17, 2007

Gaming and risque games

I love small time gaming - the arcade variety or the sports variety on the computer.Anyone who has met me will vouch that i am way too unfit to be playing any actual physical games beyond tt and pool

i usually play on miniclip and zapak. years back, when the internet gaming phenomena was just starting and we were still happy with the pacman variety, among the initial sites was c2w and Hungama.com

they would provide brand related games for the consumer to play and win small prizes like a t-shirt, cap etc

as more people got onto the site, my winnings started reducing and i stopped visiting the sites. Recently, i rediscovered my fondness through miniclip. Among the banners on miniclip i found the banner for various games on c2w. The games had changed to games about stealing a kiss from a girl on a class bench, or passion during pizza making with some pamela anderson clone

hardly the kind of games that i have known on this site. this is definetely not the kind of sites that i would encourage my child to go onto. is this the kind of games i want to play? have we lost the essence of a good game? or am i too old to enjoy these things? i dont know, but i still believe that we need to take a call on whether we want to encourage such games. I am not saying that we need to ban such sites.

some artist had said, praise me, abuse me, but, please dont ignore me

maybe its time we started to discourage such games by ignoring them? till the next time then...

1 comment:

VK said...

Well havent read a word of what wrote...just was excited to see that u had a blog...well welcome to the blogspace...

thinkers = confused

no wonder u called me confused..he he he