Friday, August 17, 2007

The start

You remember the opening lines of Star Trek : " Space the final frontier, these are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise...."

I am new to blogging. Initially I was inherently concerned about my personal thoughts being read by anyone, but then I have always believed that all new experiences should be tried atleast once. If it is good and stays with you, good for you, if it doesnt, put it down as experience

One good thing about blogging - it attracts both the young (my bachcha Vipul) and the Old (sorry Lynn)

Actually to be fair, this is one of the few things where i have been inspired by Lynn DeSouza my erstwhile boss at Lintas. Lynn and I are very different in our approach to most things in life. People talk about generation gaps being about a decade or two, but Lynn and I are seperated by eras

We have seldom agreed on anything in life (unless i have first been beaten black and blue by her), and have seldom understood each other (she must be taking a sigh of relief on this), but, she has been my big boss for the longest tenure of my 11 year+ career

I read the blogs of some people whose links are there on Lynn's page and observed how people use blogs - as a marketing and positioning tool. Lynn, appreciate your straight from the heart approach

Other people whose blogs i would like to read - Sunil Maloo (the boss who I respect the most and would work for anyday), Praveen Tripathi (am sure his blog would have timings post 12 noon and pre 4am only :-)), Amit Ray ( a mind without boundaries, whose canvas has always been so much bigger than anything i thought) and Raj Gupta (a brilliant distiller of ideas) to name a few

To end my first post, let me go to the real reason for blogging,

It is in the hope that someday my daughter (and hopefully the young one round the corner) will read about what their father thought. Remember the song (Ek Din Bit Jayega, Maati ke Mol, Pal Mein Reh Jayenge, Pyaare Tere Bol...). Raj Kapoor, here's looking at you...

No comments: